Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Planting

So, we’re already getting ready for the Spring planting season, in fact, I’ve already sown a good set of seeds for the garden area. I tried some new peat potting greenhouse thingy and planted Bachelor Buttons, Snapdragons, and Catnip. As I told my husband, Big Guy, I wanted to try it out on something I wasn’t going to be heartbroken about not sprouting. I love flowers, but I love fresh veggies more. So, I now have 72 potential plants growing.

Living in a trailer isn’t the easiest, especially for a storm wuss like me. But, it has its upside. Namely, we can grow as big a garden as we want. We just can’t build anything permanent. This year, the kids and I get to grow pumpkins, cantaloupe, beans, lettuce, strawberries, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and more. Due to it being Indiana, we can’t really grow corn without upsetting someone. Cross-pollination of crops is taken very seriously here.

Once the plants start to sprout, I’ll be able to take pictures and we’ll see how it goes!

No comments: